On April 24, 1999 a man and a woman became husband and wife
On May 2, 2001 a husband and wife became a mother and a father.
Two lost little boys with no family to call their own became brothers and sons.
On March 20, 2002 a judge legally made them a family
On April 20, 2002 a father and mother and two little boys entered the
Las Vegas temple and all dressed in white became an eternal family.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Birthday Memories

34 years ago today I made my entrance into this world. As I reflect back on the life that I have lived and the many birthdays that I have had, I have to say that there have been great birthdays and not so great birthdays.

Here are some of my more memorable birthdays.

5th birthday - okay so this wasn't my birthday but my best friends birthday that took place 6 days after mine. We were at the old city park in town (Cedar City) and I fell off the top of a twenty foot slide, was rushed to emergency room and ended up with 20 stitches.

8th birthday - this was a huge birthday for me for obvious reasons, for a month before my birthday I stalked my bishop for my baptismal interview. I had a Pete's Dragon birthday party and finally had my interview.

12th birthday - I went into young womens on my birthday.

16th birthday - this is suppose to be the best birthday ever for a girl, the sweet sixteen, however I didn't think that I would have a birthday party. My brother Daniel had just died, and I wasn't really good friends with anyone in my ward at the time, we were friends just not friends that would invite me to many things, however that night when I didn't think that anyone had even remembered my birthday I went for a walk by myself to my friends house and all the kids my age from the ward were at her house, I remember feeling very left out, however when I knocked on the door I discovered that it was a surprise party for me. For a little while that day I was able to forget that my family had just been torn apart.

18th birthday - I shaved my head, and celebrated my birthday at a family reunion.

21st birthday - My best friends Kristen, Cherry and Aspen took me out to the Hard Rock Cafe and then we went to Sam's Town to gamble my first dollar, three weeks later I entered the MTC.

24th birthday - Mike will never let me live this one down. It was my first birthday with Mike and he took me to see Mystere and to a five star restaurant that cost a lot of money. After dinner I got a ache in my back. After we got home a couple of hours later I start throwing up, I proceeded to throw up my five star all night long. Mike vowed to never take me to a five star restaurant again.

30th birthday - I asked to have a birthday party, however half of the family refused to go, and when we got there it turned out to be a party for Mikhail as his birthday is 3 days after mine.

34th birthday - We went to breakfast, went and saw Transformers, went to lunch, and saw Harry Potter. Came home and Kim had left me message on the phone wishing me a Happy Birthday, the only person in the family besides Melanie and John and Jeanne to wish me a happy birthday.

So another year has come and gone. Here's to the next year in my life.

3 comments:

Cher said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!
I LOVE Pete's Dragon! That was the one movie we would watch when we stayed home from school sick.

Heather said...

Thanks...One of my favorites also.

Kim said...

I'm sorry that no one else in the family called to wish you a happy birthday - in Jon's defense they were camping last week. As for the rest, well what are you surprised? Our family is special that way.