On April 24, 1999 a man and a woman became husband and wife
On May 2, 2001 a husband and wife became a mother and a father.
Two lost little boys with no family to call their own became brothers and sons.
On March 20, 2002 a judge legally made them a family
On April 20, 2002 a father and mother and two little boys entered the
Las Vegas temple and all dressed in white became an eternal family.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Mike and Kerwin's Adventure in NM

On Tuesday Mike and his brother Kerwin flew to Albuquerque to pick up Mike's truck. Everything was going according to plan. We had budgeted this trip and new exactly how much everything was going to cost. They had a great time, then yesterday happened. Half way between Albuquerque and Grants (a very very small town) and his clutch goes out. He is dead in the water. I was out running errands with my mom, so I had to go back to her house, look up a mechanic, call a tow truck.

Then Mike calls to tell my how much money it was going to cost, I about had a heart attack, but the work needed to be done. It meant that they would be home early this morning as they weren't going to be able to finish the truck until 10pm. Around 5 he called to tell me that it wasn't the clutch it was the transfer case, and they couldn't find. They finally found one, however it was in Albuquerque, and they weren't going to be able to get it until today. So they stayed the night and now I am waiting for the final word on the cost and that they are on their way home.

I do have to say that the people at the shop have been so good to Mike and Kerwin. They understand that they are stranded in Grants, so the owners wife lent them her car for them to use. They have back burnered all other jobs to get this one done and back on the road.

All of this and we have birthday party tomorrow for Mat.

1 comment:

Cher said...

Wow! How upsetting. At least the guys are OK.
I am in due in a week in a half. baby and I should be home by the 12th or so! Cant wait. When are you guys coming? E-mail me. cher.burchett(at)gmail(dot)com