On April 24, 1999 a man and a woman became husband and wife
On May 2, 2001 a husband and wife became a mother and a father.
Two lost little boys with no family to call their own became brothers and sons.
On March 20, 2002 a judge legally made them a family
On April 20, 2002 a father and mother and two little boys entered the
Las Vegas temple and all dressed in white became an eternal family.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mik's talk in Primary Today

Mik had to give a talk in primary today, he wanted to share it with everyone so here it is....

My talk is about how I can show faith in Jesus Christ by being baptized.

In this month’s Friend there some questions and answers about baptism…

Why is baptism important?
It’s more than important—it is necessary. Jesus Christ said that people must be baptized to belong to His Church and enter the kingdom of God

Do I make a promise when I am baptized?
Yes. You promise to keep Heavenly Father’s commandments. He promises that you can live with Him in His kingdom. These promises are called covenants.

What do I need to do to prepare to be baptized?
Want to be baptized.
Keep the commandments.
Be willing to live the teachings of Jesus Christ and follow His example.
Be interviewed by your bishop or branch president.

What happens after baptism?
After you are baptized, you are confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. You are then accountable for your sins, and you need to repent when you do something wrong. Before you take the sacrament each week, you should repent of whatever you did wrong that week and ask for forgiveness. Then when you take the sacrament, you covenant to take upon yourself the name of Jesus Christ, which means you will always try to remember Him, follow His example, and obey Him. When you do this, you are promised that His Spirit will be with you.
Jesus Christ was even baptized by John the Baptist in the river Jordan.

IN the Book of Mormon we read about the Nephites and Lamanites that showed their faith in Jesus by being baptized, Alma, King Lamoni and his people. Joseph Smith and the early saints of the church.

I can show my faith in Jesus by following the examples of those in scriptures and the early saints of the church by being baptized. I will show my faith in Jesus on October 11 when I am baptized with my brother Mat.

I know that the church is true, I know that President Monson is a Prophet of God, I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I can’t wait until I am baptized and can show my faith in Jesus Christ by being baptized and receiving the holy ghost.

In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

1 comment:

Michelle Campbell said...

Heather, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Your boys are soooo cute! They've really grown up to be such handsome little dudes. Sounds like you guys are doing well. Where do you live? Well, take it easy and feel free to check out our blog anytime.