On April 24, 1999 a man and a woman became husband and wife
On May 2, 2001 a husband and wife became a mother and a father.
Two lost little boys with no family to call their own became brothers and sons.
On March 20, 2002 a judge legally made them a family
On April 20, 2002 a father and mother and two little boys entered the
Las Vegas temple and all dressed in white became an eternal family.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Life Changes

You know it is interesting where life leads you. Mike and I thought that we had it figured out, we were going to stay here, buy this house, he would either stay at the jail is in now or go to the streets, I would start teaching with the school district here, and the boys would grow up.

However it is looking like our little dream isn't going to happen. The realities are that with today's economy teachers that would normally be retiring this year aren't, what does this mean for me, well it means that it will be that much harder for me to get a job here. Because of this I began to but out feelers around the country to see what there was out there for a Spanish teacher. I have been amazed about what is out there for a Spanish teacher, if I am willing to leave NM.

So we have narrowed our list down to 4 places. 3 we would never have even thought of, and 1 we swore that we would never do.

It is between the following places..now this is only is I can't get a job here..
1. Maryland
2. Virginia
3. North Carolina
4. Vegas.

We have our suspicions about where we may end up, however we aren't making any decisions until the interviews are done and a position has been accepted..

So keep tuned in and we will see where we end up...

5 comments:

Cher said...

Wow.. Good Luck to you!!!

Unknown said...

It'll be sad to see you go, but happy that you're moving on to bigger and better. I had a friend in Tucson that was looking to go to Vegas (I don't know if she was specifically teaching Spanish, but I know she used it a lot in her classroom) and the pay there is supposed to be really good.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Jamie Kaye said...

Come to Vegas! It will be nice to have more family here. :)

Heather said...

Jaime...we are working on it..Michale is helping us on the house front. It is all going to depend on the jobs.

Christie said...

Well, good luck to you. We were looking a NC very seriously (James is on his way back from a job interview there as I type) but it looks like we'll just be moving back to the part of Texas I was teaching in when we met.
I'm guessing Vegas is the one you swore you wouldn't do?