On April 24, 1999 a man and a woman became husband and wife
On May 2, 2001 a husband and wife became a mother and a father.
Two lost little boys with no family to call their own became brothers and sons.
On March 20, 2002 a judge legally made them a family
On April 20, 2002 a father and mother and two little boys entered the
Las Vegas temple and all dressed in white became an eternal family.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's been a struggle lately

Christie as you are probably the only person that reads my blog, I will warn you that this will probably make you mad at me so be warned.

Mike has gone in-active, he says that he can't handle all the bull crap that goes on at church any more, the cliques, the people that ask how your doing but don't really care.

As a result of this I started to go in-active and was on the verge of throwing everything away by calling one of my girlfriends and going and getting hammered. As I was debating on who to call to come and watch the boys as Mike was at work, the missionaries stopped by. The said that I had been on their mind all day and they were concerned. So I told them everyhting.

They listened and they then talked to me, they reminded me of just what I would be throwing away. They then informed me that they were going to give me a blessing. They weren't going to leave until I was in a place where I wouldn't make a horrible mistake. I don't remember enything that was said in the blessing but I do remember the feeling I had afterwards. My Heavenly Father loves me and he hasn't forgotten me. I lost all desire to do what I had been planning. I went to church today not because I had to but because I wanted to.

The missionary that gave me the blessing had been struggling on trying to figure out why he had only been in our area for 1 transfer. Last night he understood why, he was sent back to our area because the Lord knew that I was struggling and that I needed something more.

I am so grateful for him and his willingness to listen to the spirit.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Sorry to hear things have been so tough! I'm so glad the missionaries came by. Hang in there; things will get better if you do your part. I know that sounds trite, but it really is true and you know it, don't you?
And anger, of course not, Hermana, just sorrow and love.