On April 24, 1999 a man and a woman became husband and wife
On May 2, 2001 a husband and wife became a mother and a father.
Two lost little boys with no family to call their own became brothers and sons.
On March 20, 2002 a judge legally made them a family
On April 20, 2002 a father and mother and two little boys entered the
Las Vegas temple and all dressed in white became an eternal family.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Our love story

It all began Dec 1998...

I stopped in to see my girlfriend at work on day and she asked me if I had ever her friend Mike, I told her no, and she said that he is perfect for me. So I agreed to go to a pot luck dinner and hook-up with him. So I did, when I got there, I saw two guys that could have been this guy Mike, I stood back and waited to be introduced to them.


I spent the next several hours with him, my girlfriend, and the other cute gut Tim. We talked about everything under the sun that night, and Mike lied through his teeth all night, unbeknownst to me.


The next day I called my friend and told her to arrange a group date and to invite Mike, for later in the week. The day before the group date I called her and she told me that she had only called Mike. So I called him and told him that it would just the two of us and being the male that he is, he told me that he would pick me up at 6:30 and go out. As I had thought he was cute on sunday I said sure.


He picked me up, and we had the best night. He took me to the 5 and Diner, and then to the live Nativity play, after that we down to the strip and went and saw the Christmas display at the Bellagio.


I called him the next day to thank him for a wonderful night out. He asked me what I was doing that night, I told him nothing, and he asked to watch movies with his family that night. I said okay.


We had a great time, the next day I took my car to his shop to have him change my brakes. He asked me out for that night. Laying in his arms on the couch, watching a movie, I knew that I was going to marry this man and spend the rest of my life with him.







We were married 4 months later in the Las Vegas Temple.


Today we celebrated 9 years and I have to say that it has been the best yet the hardest 9 years of my life, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 comment: