On April 24, 1999 a man and a woman became husband and wife
On May 2, 2001 a husband and wife became a mother and a father.
Two lost little boys with no family to call their own became brothers and sons.
On March 20, 2002 a judge legally made them a family
On April 20, 2002 a father and mother and two little boys entered the
Las Vegas temple and all dressed in white became an eternal family.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

A temple in Rome

When I went on my mission more than 10 years ago, wow has it been that long? It must be as my kids are getting baptized this next week-end.

Anyways back on topic.

So I was watching what I could of Conference last night as the internet was being stupid. I was able to watch President Monson's talk yesterday morning when he talked about dedicating the temples and then announced 5 new ones.

Calgary Canada
Kansas City Area
Philadelphia
and are you ready for it
Rome Italy.

The smile on his face was huge as he waited for that bit of news to sink in, and the reaction of the members. Can we say shock. How many of us ever thought that there would ever be a temple in Italy let alone Rome.

If everything goes according to plan and on schedule when I take my Italian III students to Italy I will be able to sneak in a session. I can't think of anything better.

1 comment:

Michelle Campbell said...

That is so cool Heather. I didn't get to hear the temple announcments, so thanks for filling me in. That would be so cool if you could go while you are there. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Good luck with your classes this year.